Thank you for your interest in ‘Venice Tours’
Please note cancellation fees are as follows:
Reservations may not be “moved” to another date to avoid cancellation fees unless 10 days’ notice prior to date of booked tour.
Let us consider the matter in detail.
Often guests claim they have a (good) reason for cancelling:
- feeling weak and tired, so not well
- too hot, unused to high summer temperatures
- too rainy or too cold
- the airline company was on strike
- the train was delayed
- there was an accident on the high-way causing traffic jams
- luggage went astray, therefore guests postponed arrival in Venice
- venturing out to one of the islands before your tour, not knowing how long it would take to get back to meeting point, etc., etc.
Although these reasons are understandable you will also realize that the cancellation fee is there to cover costs that incurred on your behalf, by holding this reservation for you and not accepting other tours.
If a ‘slot’ of 2 hours for a guided tour is cancelled:
- the professional guide has lost the entire cost of those two hours that were booked
- the professional guide in the meantime has refused to accept any other bookings
- the professional guide because of the previous engagement with you, lost much time looking for colleagues who could replace him or her for other tours requested at the same time
I guarantee that in case of a cancellation if I receive a new booking for the cancelled tour I will not apply any sort of cancellation fee.
Please let me know that you have read this policy stating and agree to it.